Melissa K Fontanini aka MissyKat

is a Digital Artist with degrees from OSU and USC. She's currently working as a freelance 3D Generalist - Artist, Animator, Instructor - as well as focusing on her own tangible art

http://melissafontanini.tumblr.com/

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Few Works in Progress

I have a bunch of ideas, just need the funds, time, focus, supplies ;-)

This project is inspired by a fractal spiral.  I'm so happy to be working with powertools!!  I jigsawed out the spiral pieces, then used a drill press to help carve out the back of the wooden disk (it was quite heavy), and to carve out the circles that run along the spiral.
Eventually I will fill each hole with resin, paint it, light it from behind to create a stained glass effect.




The purple piece above will eventually be a light box - currently working on the frame.



This is for a piece where I recorded myself saying the work "imagine," figured out the waveform of that sound, cut 32 acrylic rods to the appropriate sizes, and also sanded the rods because I wired together and attached blue composite LEDs to each rod so they'd glow.  This will eventually be incorporated to the hollow center of a piece of wood, but one step at a time!



0 comments :

Post a Comment