Melissa K Fontanini aka MissyKat

is a Digital Artist with degrees from OSU and USC. She's currently working as a freelance 3D Generalist - Artist, Animator, Instructor - as well as focusing on her own tangible art

http://melissafontanini.tumblr.com/

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Busy Busy Busy!!

The last few weeks have blown by like a hurricane!  I started teaching 3D Character Rigging at the Art Institute of California, Los Angeles (I have never taught before).  I also started taking 2 courses at Gnomon School of Visual Effects to learn a few new skills as well as keep myself active in the digital world.  The downside is that it is pulling me away from creating my own art.  I'll find balance eventually, but for now I must get a handle on this new schedule.  Teaching is a ton of work.  I may only be in the classroom for 4 hours (which is a long time to be teaching one class), but I also spend so much time prepping for the class, while trying to squeeze in time for my homework assignments for Gnomon.  This leaves my social life a little non-existent as well.  I'll get a hold of it all eventually!





Disco Theme - After Effects assignment
I started taking an After Effects compositing course at Gnomon School of Visual Effects to freshen up my skills. This was one of our assignments dealing with parenting, nulls, precomps, and effects. Done in a few hours one afternoon. I did a lot of experimenting and testing out new techniques - color explosion, disco style.

The quality is a little crummy on here...also posted here:



Using Masks - After Effects Assignment
I started taking an After Effects compositing course at Gnomon School of Visual Effects to freshen up my skills. This was one of our assignments dealing with masks and alpha and luma track mattes. Done in a few hours one afternoon.

https://vimeo.com/93313810
http://youtu.be/nrP53PdoI-I

0 comments :

Post a Comment