Melissa K Fontanini aka MissyKat

is a Digital Artist with degrees from OSU and USC. She's currently working as a freelance 3D Generalist - Artist, Animator, Instructor - as well as focusing on her own tangible art

http://melissafontanini.tumblr.com/

Monday, March 9, 2009

Cat Nap - Mocap Thesis Animation

A version with sound:


A version with some color:


Cat Nap is my MFA thesis animation work in progress. The body animation is motion capture data I captured with an IQ system, cleaned, retargeted in MotionBuilder onto my digital characters, counter-animated, and brought into Maya for facial, hand, and prop animation as well as any additional animation cleanup.

This is a solo project where I created the story, and modeled, rigged, textured all the assets.  Though I did use a friend to put on the motion capture suit and play the boy and the cat.





0 comments :

Post a Comment