Melissa K Fontanini aka MissyKat

is a Digital Artist with degrees from OSU and USC. She's currently working as a freelance 3D Generalist - Artist, Animator, Instructor - as well as focusing on her own tangible art

http://melissafontanini.tumblr.com/

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Motion Capture Work



Clips from my MFA thesis Cat Nap.


While at USC, I took Special Sessions: Motion Capture where I learned how to calibrate an IQ system, calibrate actors, run IQ, clean up the motion capture data and apply the animation to digital characters in MotionBuilder. I created and rigged my own characters, a boy and a cat, applied the motion capture data, motion blended scenes together, and counter-animated in MotionBuilder before taking the scenes into Maya to tweak the animation some more, then add facial, finger, and prop animation.

0 comments :

Post a Comment