Melissa K Fontanini aka MissyKat

is a Digital Artist with degrees from OSU and USC. She's currently working as a freelance 3D Generalist - Artist, Animator, Instructor - as well as focusing on her own tangible art

http://melissafontanini.tumblr.com/

Monday, December 9, 2013

Getting Back to Analog Art

It's been quite a long time since I created artwork without a computer, so that's what I've been spending the last few months doing.  I've been working with new mediums such as glass stains, calligraphy inks, and resins.  I've bought a few powertools and returned to cutting things up and building things.  It feels wonderful to step away from a computer screen and make messes while creating.

A few of my initial creations:



These are a combination of inks, acrylics, glass stains, wire, sand, and resin on pieces of plexiglas.  I made each wooden black box to fit the individual pieces with the intention of backlighting the pieces.  I like them lit from the front, but am intrigued by a little bit of light coming from behind (possibly a slowly pulsing light to add a bit of character).

Here are a few pieces not quite so complete: 






0 comments :

Post a Comment